What is the NDIS?
Receive funding support.
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (commonly referred to as the NDIS) is Australia’s national approach to provide funding support to people with a disability, including people with specific levels of vision impairment. It is designed to cover the costs of services and equipment to assist you to achieve your goals.
Whether you want to increase your independence, get more involved in your community, improve daily living skills or enhance your general health and wellbeing, the NDIS can connect you with the right supports and services.
Before you participate in the NDIS, you’re encouraged to think about your life at the moment, and the life you’d like to lead. This will help inform your NDIS plan. With support from our team at Guide Dogs, you can choose the right services for your unique circumstances to help you achieve your goals.
How can Guide Dogs help?
Guide Dogs is a registered NDIS provider.
We have vast experience and expertise in working with the NDIS to achieve the best outcomes for clients.
We’re here to support you through every step of the NDIS. Whether you’re trying to work out the right services for you, preparing for your NDIS meeting, or simply have some questions, our experts are here to support you in any way you need.
The NDIS is designed to be all about you, so no individual plan will be the same. We can guide you towards your best result with the NDIS by assisting you to:
- Understand the NDIS and your Plan.
- Provide tools to help you prepare for the NDIS.
- Provide links with other services to help you maintain your independence.
- Assess your needs and support you to achieve your goals.
- Prescribe aids and equipment for use in your home, community and workplace.
Who is eligible for the NDIS?
- Be under 65 years of age.
- Be an Australian citizen, a permanent resident, or a New Zealand citizen with a Protected Special Category Visa Card.
- Have a permanent or significant disability that requires either help from others, equipment or assistive technology to do things.
- Have 6/60 and or severely restricted visual field
By participating in the NDIS, you can support yourself while better supporting others too. We encourage every person who is eligible to obtain NDIS funding.
When more people receive funding support through the NDIS, Guide Dogs can use more of the funds we raise in the community to support people who are not eligible for the scheme.
Other funding support
In addition to the NDIS, we can help you explore alternative funding pathways. For more information about funding support, contact our Client Services team on 1800 757 738 or email email@example.com.
If you’re aged over 65, you may be eligible for funding support through My Aged Care, meaning the costs of your support could be covered.