Empowered Living Program, May – Daily Life
- Date | Time
- Tue 04 May, 2021 10:00am to 11:30am
About the event
There are lots of things you can do to make your day-to-day life more efficient. Simple adaptations can give you, or someone you care about, a greater sense of independence and safety while performing everyday tasks.
Join our free Empowered Living Program and discover useful tips, techniques and equipment to help you accomplish household tasks, like cleaning and personal grooming. We will explore strategies for being safe and organised in the kitchen and explore ways to get around safely at home and in the community.
The Empowered Living Program is a new skill development and education program specially designed for people who have experienced recent vision loss or blindness. Learn more about the program here. The Empowered Living Program will explore a different topic each month.
In May, we will focus on Managing Everyday Life with Vision Loss or Blindness. The four-week course will include:
Session 1: My House Keeping Rules.
Tuesday, 4th May, 2021, 10am via Zoom.
Explore various strategies to make household chores safer and more comfortable:
- Cleaning strategies.
- Laundry and ironing safety.
- Organising your home and kitchen, basic kitchen safety.
Session 2: The Best Version of Me.
Tuesday, 11th May, 2021, 10am via Zoom.
Learn various strategies to organize your wardrobe and clothing items.
- Explore and compare low-vision aids that can assist in object and colour identification, and self-care tasks.
- Learn tips and tricks on personal grooming.
Session 3: Greater Independence through Assistive Technology.
Tuesday, 18th May, 2021, 10am via Zoom.
There is a range of products/services that can assist you with everyday activities and promote your independence.
- Explore and compare Apps and low vision optical and non-optical devices that can make your daily tasks such as reading, navigation, identification and organisation easier.
- Learn how technology can help you gain greater independence and discover what assistive device works for a specific task.
Session 4: Mobility Apps.
Tuesday, 25th May, 2021, 10am via Zoom.
Explore various transport apps for bus, train and taxi.
- Learn about the latest low vision and blind specific orientation and GPS Apps.
Please contact Salina Shrestha at email@example.com or phone 08 8203 8347 if you would like to learn more or register for the program.